Eyebrow threading is a popular hair removal method that originated in India and has now become a common beauty practice worldwide. Here’s what you should know before getting your eyebrows threaded:
- What is eyebrow threading: Eyebrow threading is a hair removal technique that involves twisting a cotton thread around unwanted hair and removing it from the root. It’s an alternative to plucking, waxing, and other hair removal methods.
- Benefits of eyebrow threading: The main benefit of eyebrow threading is that it’s precise and allows for shaping and defining the brows in a way that’s not possible with other hair removal methods. It’s also gentler on the skin and less painful than waxing.
- Preparing for eyebrow threading: You should avoid using lotions, creams, or oils on your face before getting your eyebrows threaded as they can make the skin slippery and harder to thread. It’s also recommended to avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol before the procedure as it can make your skin more sensitive.
- How the procedure is done: During the procedure, a esthetician will use a cotton thread to remove hair from the brow area. They’ll use their fingers to hold the skin taut and twist the thread in a loop around the hair. The twisting motion removes the hair from the root.
- Pain level: Eyebrow threading can be uncomfortable, but it’s generally less painful than waxing. Some people experience redness and slight swelling after the procedure, but these side effects usually go away within a few hours.
- Aftercare: It’s important to keep the threaded area clean and free of makeup, lotions, and creams for the first 24 hours after the procedure. You should also avoid exposing the area to direct sunlight, sweating, or swimming for a few days.
- Cost: The cost of eyebrow threading varies depending on the location and the professional performing the service. On average, you can expect to pay between $20 and $30 for eyebrow threading.
- Choosing a professional: It’s important to choose a reputable and experienced professional for eyebrow threading. Look for someone who has a clean and hygienic workspace and uses new, disposable thread for each customer. Ask friends or family members for recommendations or read online reviews to find a professional you trust. If you are in Portland, Oregon check out Alluring Face Pdx.
In conclusion, eyebrow threading is a precise and gentle hair removal method that’s great for shaping and defining the brows. It’s important to choose a reputable professional and take proper aftercare precautions to ensure the best results.